The Coronavirus and YOU!
Ollie's in the house! And literally because nowadays, stepping outside can make a difference between life and yes, death!
I'm sure most of you pissflaps are aware of this new epidemic going on, but for those of the uninitiated, your boy is here to drop some science about this nasty lil bug called the Coronavirus and how to cope during the midst of this crisis.
Let's get to it!
1.What is the Coronavirus?
|The Culprit! Looks like a lint with ground beef attached doesn't it?
Coronavirus otherwise known as Covid-19 is closely related to the SARS virus and is one nasty pathogen that enters the bloodstream via exposed individuals who sneeze or cough within 6 feet of your direction. The contaminated droplets are the main culprit when it comes to person-to-person contact.
As of now, the viral spread has made its way through Hong Kong, Iran, Italy, Japan, South Korea and yes, the United States!!!😿
2. What brought about this virus?
A not so long time ago, in a Country far, far away as in China, there is a city called Wuhan that had some Seafood and Meat wet market. But it wasn't your usual Chicken or Cow meats, but wildlife i.e. fucking Rats, Wolf Puppies, Bats and Penguins were housed there for consumption because they were deemed as a delicacy.
Somehow ingesting these animals created a “side effect" that was unforeseen. With a non-human to human transmission, one can expect no so good results. It's bad enough that the Asians were eating dog and cat meat, but now those fuckers worked their way up to "Bats"?!?
Prior to a massive outbreak, a braved Doctor in China, had warned the populace of this virus. The Chinese Government censored him and a few other whistleblowers. A week or so later, the Doctor had succumbed to the virus and died and now here we are. “Thanks,” China!
Let’s just say, that those were the most expensive delicacies ever, because if it didn't rack up serious medical expenses, it nearly tanked the Stock Market!!🙀
3. What are the chances of dying once infected?
It depends on two factors:
Your age and how susceptible you are to illnesses if your immunity system is compromised by other underlying conditions. Worst case scenario, organ failure or in the least, pneumonia. However, if you're one of the few healthy persons, chances are you'll beat this within two Weeks! So, Boys and Girls out there, eat right, exercise and avoid any close contact from the "usual suspects"!
4.Um, that's good to know "Prof Ollie", but how can I prevent catching this thing?
There is no sure-fire option. But...the best way, according to Medical specialists, is after touching surfaces outside of your house, avoid putting your hands in your mouth, nose or eyes as the mucus membranes are a bridge to transferring the virus to the human body. When exposed, the body creates countermeasures to combat the self-duplicating viral infection after cell contact, the symptoms are very similar to a cold or influenza:
Coughing (Dry cough)
Shortness of breath
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, see your doctor immediately. But wear a face mask if you have luck finding one. Also, it's advised that you be considerate and stay your ass home because you don't want anyone else to get sick, amirite??😼
5. Ollie's Survival Guide
- Stay the fuck away from people you suspect to be sick!Anyone that’s either coughing or sneezing, make certain that you're at least 3 to 5 feet away.
- Stock up on supplies like Hand Sanitizers, Clorox Wipes, Soap, Disposable gloves and tissue.
That's if they're not sold out already!
- Eat a well-balanced diet that includes fruits and veggies! Avoid sugar because that shit can weaken your immune system, making you susceptible to easily catching this shit!
- No Uber or Abnb!You don't know whether the Uber driver is sick or a flat is contaminated with the Coronavirus.Again, stay yo ass home! Watch some movies like say, Outbreak, The Andromeda Strain, The Stand, 28 Days/Weeks Later or Contagion…oops!
- And godammit, clean your smartphones after touching them!!It doesn't take a Medical Science Officer like "Bones" McCoy to realize that phones can be used as a vessel for transporting the virus after it's been tainted with Covid-!
Ok, now I know.
And knowing is half the....oh, fuck Stalks and his shitty G.I.Joe references! Stay well.